If you are in Network Marketing, Home-Based Business, or MLM you NEED to know your why!
“How come?”, you ask. Well, it’s a fact that 90% of new businesses (meaning YOU and the company you decide to join) fail in the first year. So what sets you apart from that 90%?
Answer: Your Why!!!
Now, before I go into more depth I want to explain a few things. First off, the Network Marketing Industry is NOT a numbers game! It is a relationship game. You need to build relationships and anyone who’s told you otherwise is lying to you. Your “product” is people, so study them. Know who you are selling to, what they desire, what they hate, what their family is like, and so on.
With a 6 to 7% retention rate in this industry, whatever you do in your business HAS to be duplicable. You need a great product as well as great people who will work together. Get a system in place that’s easy for everyone to follow. Lead by example! Become a Mentor, because whatever you do, those who are on your team will do. The more duplicable your results, the more successful you will become.
Okay, so we have those few points down and understand that people are your product and duplication is your goal. your why is how you are going to weather the storms. It is your PASSION for what you do, it will hold you up, even in the most turbulent times. I’m not going to lie, this is a hard business and if you don’t have a GREAT why, you will likely NOT succeed.
To quote Steve Jobs:
“You need a lot of passion for what you’re doing because it’s so hard. Without passion, any rational person would give up. So if you’re not having fun doing it, if you don’t absolutely love it, you’re going to give up. And that’s what happens to most people, actually. If you look at the ones that ended up being successful in the eyes of society, often times it’s the ones who love what they do, so they could persevere when it got really tough. And the ones that didn’t love it, quit. Because they’re sane, right? Who would put up with this stuff if you don’t love it? So it’s a lot of hard work and its a lot of worrying constantly. If you don’t love it, you’re going to fail.”
How To Formulate Your Why
Here are a series of questions you should be asking yourself to help clarify “WHY” you are in this industry. (NOTE: your why cannot be about money!!)
1. What do you love/hate?
2. What do you really want?
3. What is your passion?
4. What gets you really excited?
5. How many hours per week do you work?
6. What do you love about your job?
7. What do you hate about your job?
8. How do you like the people you work with?
9. What do you do with your free time?
10. If you had 2 months’ vacation and all the money you needed, what would you do?
11. What problem scares you to death?
12. What would more money solve?
13. What do you hate about your life that more money could solve?
14. If you had all the money you needed, what huge problem would go away?
15. If you had all the time in the world, what would you do?
16. Other than money, what are you looking for?
17. What does your family mean to you?
18. What do you want to accomplish in your lifetime?
19. What would it mean to you to help others change their lives?
20. What really makes you angry about life?
21. What would you like to give the people you love the most?
22. What really, really gets you emotional?
When you bring someone into the business with you, make sure THEY formulate their why. You know your why, and so should they. This is how you can tell who will stay with you on this crazy, insane journey.
know your whyThose who give you their why are more likely to stick it out with you. Those who don’t are not taking the opportunity seriously.
Your product is not the *magic*, the magic is YOU! The magic is your why. Why you are so passionate. Why you want to help others. Why you believe in yourself.
KNOW YOUR WHY!